South West Wiltshire Area Board will be running a Health and Wellbeing Fair at the Nadder Centre in Tisbury on 27 September 2017 from 2-5pm.
Health and Wellbeing Champions Ann-Marie Dean and Val O’Keefe have been contacting local groups and organisations from across South West Wiltshire (which includes the Mere, Tisbury and Wilton community areas), encouraging their participation to promote what they do and encourage members of the public to take part in the future. The event supports the Area Board’s priorities to:
– Encourage physical fitness and activity.
– Encourage healthy lifestyles.
– Combat social isolation and loneliness.
27th September 2017 is also national fitness day and the Area Board is working closely with the Leisure team in the Nadder Centre to support a range of activities for people to try alongside the fair.
The event is free to attend and there will be lots for people to look at and try! More than 30 exhibitors have signed up for the event, including:
– The Global Health Education Partnership will be bringing an ‘inflatable colon’ that you can walk through, helping to raise cancer awareness.
– Tisbury Surgery will be offering some health checks.
– Performances from local community groups, including East Knoyle community choir and Johnny Mac (guitarist).
– Healthwatch Wiltshire campervan.
– Take the Fire Service fitness test.
– Soft play for children.
– Chalke Valley Nordic Walking.
– Salisbury Hospital hearing aid maintenance.
– Displays by Wiltshire Wildlife Trust, Cranborne Chase AONB, Mere Railway Modellers, Broad Chalke village and many more!
SIGN UP FOR FREE TASTER SESSIONS NOW! Lists available on reception, email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01747 871141.
2.15-2.25pm – Yoga with Lisa Murray
2.30-2.40pm – Pilates with Lisa Murray
3.40-4pm – Clubbercise (Activity room 1) with Cella
4.05-4.25 – Zumba Strong (Activity room 1) with Cella
4.30-4.50 – Spin (in spin studio) with Cella
If you would like more information please contact Steve Harris, Community Engagement Manager (01722 434211).